There are few people I know who are eating an appropriate amount of fiber without actively thinking about it.
It matters for a couple of reasons. If you…
- Don’t go to the bathroom consistently
- Are dealing with hormonal imbalances
- Have poor gut health
- Have high cholesterol
- Care about your overall health
…then you should take a look at your fiber.
The amount of fiber you should get depends on you as a person but, generally speaking, the ladies should aim for 25g+ and the guys around 35g+. And no, this is not a ‘the-more-the-better’ situation. If you’re getting in over 50g fiber a day, it can actually have the opposite effect and cause digestive woes, constipation, and poor nutrient absorption. I see this a ton with my clients who love to pound Quest Bars.
While you should be getting in an adequate amount of fiber throughout the day, breakfast presents a really great opportunity to get a head start in a delicious way. Here are some of my favorite breakfast staples that are packed with fiber:
- Overnight oats in a jar (8.5g fiber)
- Superfood Triple Berry Chia Seed Pudding (7.5g fiber)
- Avocado Toast with Lemon + Kale (10g fiber)
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats (6.5g fiber)
- Pumpkin Spiced Oatmeal (6g fiber)
- Strawberry Peanut Butter Swirl Smoothie Bowl (5g fiber)
- Pina Banana Colada Smoothie (4g fiber)
- Peanut Butter Baked Oats (6g fiber)
- Bowl of berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries are all great sources of fiber)