True story: at least 80% of new clients come to us from a place of chronically under-eating. Also a true story: a lot of them don’t believe it when we tell them. Part of the reason for this is because we are conditioned to believe incorrect information — like women should be eating 1,200 calories a day…
…and carbohydrates are bad
…and sugar kills.
The reality is, there are many factors that have to be taken into account when it comes to how much food we should eat a day. Things like height, weight, muscle mass, genetics, stress, activity levels, and more all play a role.
So just because you want to look like Beyonce or The Rock, doesn’t mean you can simply copy their diet and expect it to deliver the same results. More importantly, you can’t be focused on losing weight forever. If you spend time eating at maintenance, great things will happen, including but not limited to: crushing it in the gym, having more energy, sleeping like a champ, and having a body that will respond efficiently to fat loss.
Without further adieu…
Signs You May Not Be Eating Enough
- Low energy
- Regularly need to overeat or “binge”
- Lack of mental clarity / brain fog
- Poor sleep quality (inability to fall or stay asleep)
- Digestive irregularity (aka not pooping)
- Chronically hungry or no hunger response at all
- Cravings, particularly for sugary or salty things
- Lack of PRs or strength gains in the gym
- Inability to put on muscle
- Weight loss plateau
- Poor mood / lack of motivation
- Poor recovery / always sore
- Lack of sex drive
I’d say if two or more of the above points apply to you, it may be worth taking a look at your caloric intake. Or, schedule a call using the link below and one of our coaches will do it for you at no charge.
Have questions or want to work one-on-one with a coach? Schedule a free introductory call here.